Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Sunday

I feel 100% better today. We went to church this morning at the McDonald's farm. They are a Scottish couple who have started a mission for boys where they encourcage them to come off the streets so they stay with them and the church here sends a pastor to preach each week so that they don't have to transfer the boys every Sunday. I had a chance to sit and talk to Megan and James also this afternoon about my plans/our plans/ finances... more to come on that. Then tonight we went to the church here and I thought it was interesting that we started by reading in Ephesians 6... it was like I never left Louisville (THat's what Pr. Jim has been preaching on for weeks). And the sermon was on good hospitality and "Where there's a will, there's a way." That's my mom's favorite phrase to say. It made me feel very far away and very at home all at once. I had a chance to meet a lot of people, and finally meet Maureen also. Great Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment