Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012

Wow... what a month this has been!

I left Lusaka on the 21st of November to head back to the states. I was able to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years with my family this year which was completely invaluable to me. I got to see a new nephew, hear great news, help out my sister who had surgery, spend time with my sisters and brother, see my grandmother, aunts, uncles, some cousins and even some freinds from high school and college.

It was nothing more than game playing, eating, laughing and having a great time but I'll treasure those 5 1/2 weeks for ever. (Hopefully I don't treasure this extra 17lbs and 14 inches forever though....)

My mom and I spent the last week sorting through all my earthly belongings and boxing them up to be shipped here, then I guess I'll be officially Zambian!

It was a great month to end an amazing year, and I am thankful now to be back where my heart is and where God has placed me.

It's very easy to almost second guess yourself when you see the grocery stores and restaurants and family and friends and think how much more CONVENIENT life is in the US... but all of that melts away when that plane lands and you smell the familiar Lusaka smell and hear the local accent and see the smiling faces.... I'll be back to work on Monday and I am happier than ever.

I look forward to what God has in store for us in 2012. In 2011 He brought us trials and hardships but we also tripled in size, gained staff and built a building.... who knows what He's got in store for us this year... I'm just glad I'm first in line to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment