Monday, April 30, 2012

Well I am back. It has taken a while to get to my blog because I hit the ground running a bit. The week I got back we finally moved into the classroom! I am so excited and it has been such a huge blessing. Going from carrying boxes of books in my car and realizing I grabbed the wrong one ot trying to get everyone on the same page and writing on their laps to having tables and chairs and blackboards and a bookshelf full of books! God is good! The kids are really loving it so far and we are having out official "open house" on May 12 to welcome the kids in and finish our final decorations just before for a big reveal!

I am beyond happy to be back and I am really encouraged by God's faithfulness to me. I had a refreshing time to see some of my family and to be encouraged especially by the people at Grace Covenant in Flemington. I am so thankful for their lovingkindness and the way the pray and take special interest in me and my health and the Lion of Zambia ministry.

I needed that time of encouragement as these thoughts of my health were starting to wear thin and I was getting more anxious. Gid granted favorabel results and I will leave tomorrow and all the tomorrows after that up until my next operation up to him. As soon as I got back it seemed God was directing my steps in every way and one thing after another began to fall into place.


There are times in life when you really see HOW God causes all things to work together for good. You don't always get to see and understand it, and I think these glimpses are a privledge.


Aside from God blessing the ministry with the classroom, and the fact that the kitchen is working it's way up from the ground- we also have 15 potential new kids! The ladies of LION will be meeting with them and their guardians on Thursday.

Aside from THOSE blessings, on a more personal note, I have finally found a house! I move in on the 8th, and I am so excited I have not stopped smiling for days. God sort of just "dropped it in my lap" and so far everything has been running smoothly. He really is taking care of me and I got an incredible place for a great price and I am very very thankful.

I look forward to seeing where the rest of this year leads and the developments of the ministry especially. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am overwhelmingly proud to be a part of this ministry and I am thankful for the women (and man, James!) I work with and especially the kids I am honored to be with each day!

1 comment:

  1. Appreciate the update, so very much. Happy for you that things are going so well.
    Praying,
    chris zabel

    ReplyDelete